Shopping online is easy and convenient. It’s just like buying from a mail-order catalog, but with a number of extra benefits. Instead of ordering from a magazine page or over the phone, you order from a website using your computer. Because the internet is global, you can order from international as well as Australian stores.
- You can buy things that aren’t available locally, or buy goods for less than what they cost in Australia. Even when you take into account the exchange rate and delivery costs, prices for items from international sellers can still be lower than what you’d pay locally. Of course, there are benefits to shopping at Australian sites too. Without the need to run a shop front these websites can pass the savings on to you.
- Some over-the-counter medications, for example, cost a lot less if you order from the internet. You can buy anything that you can think of online, from the unusual to the every day that rare model train you need to complete your collection, new, used and rare books, gardening needs, medication and even groceries.
- Supermarket shopping on the internet is easy and convenient and your groceries are delivered right to your door. No needs to walk the aisles, waits in line at the checkout, or carry heavy bags back to the car. You can save your weekly shopping list, so next week you can simply click one button and the shopping is done.
- Internet shopping sites include safe, secure shopping pages that take your credit card details and then send the goods straight to you. These websites also show whether the product you want is in stock and how long it might take to reach you, making it easy to plan for birthdays, Christmas and other special occasion gifts.
- The store will send you an email when your item is being dispatched, telling you when you can expect it to arrive. You can save the receipt to your computer or you can even print it out. Internet shopping is the best way to find great deals on things that you’re looking for, as well as the items that you usually buy.
- And best of all, you can buy from the websites of stores you normally shop at, or expand your shopping universe to stores from around the world and you can do that all without having to leave the house.